Chances are you may have some leftover ham from Easter. If so, I have the perfect solution for you! These bake into a juicy ham and cheese sandwich with a very slight crispiness from the butter mixture that covers the rolls. Delicious!
As an aside, I used to make these with the sugar-loaded Hawaiian rolls from the store, and so the first time I attempted them with my homemade slider-rolls (using Simple Sandwich Dough) I was a tad nervous. When my family approved I was very happy! My husband said they are actually better now and they are now one of my son's favorite meals! Such an easy 35 minute weeknight meal to keep on the rotation. You can either use up any leftover spiral cut ham or you can use slices of ham from the deli counter. Let us know in the comments if you give this a try, we highly encourage it!
Happy Unsifted Baking!
Unsifted's Ham & Cheese Everything Sliders
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 25 minutes
YIELD: 12 sliders
|12 count||Unsifted sliders
Pro-Tip: I recommend using the Simple Sandwich dough to bake smaller sized dinner rolls in a 9x13" pan)
|3/4 pound||cooked ham, thinly sliced|
|3/4 pound||swiss cheese, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup (1 stick)||unsalted butter, melted|
|1 tbsp||dijon mustard|
|1/2 tbsp||poppy seeds|
|2 tsp||dried minced onion|
|2 tsp||dried minced garlic|
|2 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 tsp||salt, or to taste|
|1/4 tsp||pepper, or to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray a 9x9 or 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray
- Use a serrated knife to slice the rolls in half and place bottoms in the prepared pan side by side touching in the pan
- Evenly layer approximately half the ham over the rolls
- Evenly layer the cheese
- Evenly layer the remaining ham
- Add the tops of the rolls
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the butter (about 1 minute)
- Add and combine the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper
- Evenly pour the butter mixture over the rolls. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the tops. It's ok for some of the mixture to pool at the base of the rolls.
- In a small bowl, combine the poppy seeds, minced onion, and mined garlic, then sprinkle evenly over rolls
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow rolls to rest at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Remove foil and cook for 3-5 minutes until as crispy as desired.
Pro-Tip: Watch this part closely so they don't burn at the very end.
- Slice and serve!