Monster Cookies are delicious and versatile! Need a festive treat? Simply use holiday specific M&M's and voila! They are perfect for an easy afterschool snack or treat for your coworkers. These are always a favorite!
- St. Patrick's Day Cookies: Green candies + white chocolate chips
- Valentine's Day Cookies: Pink and red candies
- Christmas Cookies: Red and green candies
- Chiefs' Game Day Cookies: Red and yellow candies
There are endless options to try with these cookies for your personal taste or event. For instance, we LOVE substituting some butterscotch chips. Checkout more mix-in ideas below the recipe.
If you ever happen to have extra cookies, we recommend freezing them in a freezer bag because they stay fresh for weeks. We even like to pull out frozen cookies and eat them cold for a quick afternoon snack!
Happy Unsifted Baking!
PREP: 15 mins
BAKE: 12 mins
YIELD: 20-25 cookies
(Approx. 2/3 cup unsifted pastry flour)
|1 1/2 cups||old fashioned oats (rolled)|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda|
|1/2 cup||unsalted butter, room temperature|
|1/2 cup||creamy peanut butter|
|1/2 cup||organic cane sugar (alt: white sugar)|
|1/2 cup||sucanat (alt: light brown sugar)|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1 cup||chocolate chips (or other mix-ins)|
|1/2 cup||M&M candies (or other mix-ins)|
|Flake sea salt||for sprinkling on tops of cookies|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mill 1/3 cup Dessert Berry Blend on "pastry" setting (will yield approx. 2/3 cup unsifted flour)
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (unsifted flour, oats, baking soda, and salt)
- In a large bowl, use a mixer (stand or hand) to cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars together until smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides if needed using a spatula.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix just until combined (see note below).
Add the dry ingredients and mix on low, just until the combined.
Pro-Tip: Don't over mix here!
- Use a spoon/spatula to stir in the chocolate chips and M&M's
- Shape cookies into approx. 2 Tbsp. balls and place on greased baking sheet 2" apart.
- Bake for 10--12 minutes, or until the edges are barely light brown (they will finish setting up on the pan)
- After removing from the oven, sprinkle with flaked sea salt (optional) and let set on hot pan for 10 minutes to finish cooking. Once set, they can be transferred to a wire rack to cool.
- Butterscotch chips
- White chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped pretzels
- These cookies freeze well after cooked!
- You can press additional chips or M&Ms into the tops after they come out of the oven for more colorful cookies.