Monster Cookies are delicious and versatile! Need a Valentine’s Day treat? Simply use Valentines M&M's like I did for these! Need a hearty afterschool snack? You’ve come to the right place! Like butterscotch chips? Great...substitute those for all or part of the chocolate chips! This delicious recipe is adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod.
Happy Unsifted Baking!
Unsifted's Monster Cookies
PREP: 15 mins
BAKE: 12 mins
YIELD: 20 cookies
Dessert Berry Blend
(Approx. 2/3 cup Unsifted pastry flour)
|1 1/2 cups||old fashioned oats (rolled)|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda|
|1/2 cup||unsalted butter, room temperature|
|1/2 cup||creamy peanut butter|
|1/2 cup||organic cane sugar (alt: white sugar)|
|1/2 cup||sucanat (alt: light brown sugar)|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1 cup||chocolate chips (or other mix-ins)|
|1/2 cup||M&M candies (or other mix-ins)|
|Flake sea salt||for sprinkling on tops of cookies|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mill 1/3 cup Dessert Berry Blend on "pastry" setting (will yield approx. 2/3 cup Unsifted flour)
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (Unsifted flour, oats, baking soda, and salt)
- In a large bowl, use a mixer (stand or hand) to cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars together until smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides if needed using a spatula.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix just until combined (see note below).
Add the dry ingredients and mix on low, just until the combined.
Pro-Tip: Don't over mix here!
- Use a spoon/spatula to stir in the chocolate chips and M&M's
- Shape cookies into approx. 2 Tbsp. balls and place on greased baking sheet 2" apart.
- Bake for 10--12 minutes, or until the edges are barely light brown (they will finish setting up on the pan)
- After removing from the oven, sprinkle with flaked sea salt (optional) and let set on hot pan for 10 minutes to finish cooking. Once set, they can be transferred to a wire rack to cool.
- Butterscotch chips
- White chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped pretzels
- These cookies freeze well after cooked!
- You can press additional chips or M&Ms into the tops after they come out of the oven for more colorful cookies.